The Wedding -- A Reason to Splurge on a Cheese Tower!

I recently married the love of my life, Mr. Reid MacHarg. This gave us a good enough excuse to splurge on a meal that was to be shared with each and every person we love -- people who came from across the country to celebrate with us. It had to be a meal to remember. And this is why we chose our wedding venue in the first place. Restaurant 2941 is perfect for celebrating events large and small. From a random date night to our wedding day, 2941 never disappoints. I sound like a walking advertisement for the restaurant, but really, I could not have imagined our wedding being any place else.

Our menu included a calamari tempura with a wasabi mayo, scallops with a citrus beurre blanc, a gorgeous ribeye steak...




...and for dessert.... hold your breath.... A TOWER OF CHEESE! We made a cheese tower using all Cypress Grove goat cheeses. We simply bought their "Ultimate Cheese Cake", which included a 5 lb. Humboldt Fog round, a 3 lb. Truffle Tremor round, a 1 lb. Humboldt Fog round, an 8 oz. Fog Lights, and 2 Bermuda Triangles. We added an additional 5 lb. Humboldt Fog round just to be on the safe side and to add some height to the cake.


Our friends, Erin and Chris, stacked and decorated the cake the morning of the wedding with help from the florist (Heaven on Earth, Manassas, VA), and viola! A gorgeous tower of cheese.


Not to sound cliche, but it was by far the happiest day of my life. My feet ached from dancing; my cheeks hurt from smiling; even my tastebuds were so tired that I insisted the next meal be as simple as possible -- a hamburger and some fries. What a day to remember!

0 comments: