Black Eyed Peas from Scratch!!!!

I have been wanting to get into cooking my own dry beans. It's cheaper, healthier, and you know exactly what goes into making them. But I was pretty intimidated when I read you had to rinse, soak, drain, rinse, and THEN you could start cooking, and it would still take a long time. That does not fit into this working woman's schedule!

But I have uncovered some easier recipes, and the one tonight is a definite keeper.

Slow Cooker Spicy Black Eyed Peas from All Recipes

Spicy, smokey black eyed peas, and it took 10 minutes to get ready for the slow cooker to work on it all day.

I substituted a ham hock for the ham and bacon, but that was the only adjustment I made. Next time, I would add a touch less water, as it was pretty soupy. But the sauce was delicious over bulgur with some sauteed collards on the side. All dried beans out there better watch out!

0 comments: