Lemon Pea Risotto with Shrimp (with a secret ingredient!)


I have discovered a new love tonight! Along with my last order, Penzey's Spices threw in their Lemon Pepper seasoning. I have never been a lemon pepper fan until now, and at this point I am never going back. I actually described it to my husband as, "sunshine in your mouth," to which, he just shook his head and laughed (as is often the case at our house). So, go out and buy Penzey's Lemon Pepper seasoning--it'll blow your mouth away.



1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 tbs. butter
1 tbs. olive oil
1 cup arborio rice
4 cups broth
pinch of salt and pepper
1 lb. shrimp
2 cups frozen sweet peas, defrosted

Secret Ingredient: Penzey's Lemon Pepper Seasoning

Saute the diced onion in the butter and olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir in rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth, bring to a simmer, and cook on low stirring often. Once the liquid is absorbed, add another cup. Continue to simmer, stirring constantly until each portion of liquid is absorbed before adding the next. I sprinkled in a little of the Lemon Pepper seasoning at this point. It should take 20-25 minutes for the rice to cook and no longer be crunchy in the middle.

While simmering the rice, quickly saute the shelled shrimp in a pan sprayed with Pam. Season with Penzey's lemon pepper seasoning. Once the risotto is cooked, stir in peas and top with cooked shrimp.

How I eat it: I take the Penzey's Lemon Pepper Seasoning to the table and sprinkle away with each bite! Am I a commercial for Penzey's today or what?

0 comments: