Leftover Arugula in the Fridge

So, I bought a huge tub of baby arugula when I wanted only a few bites for a prosciutto/carmelized onion/arugula pizza this past weekend. And it turns out arugula is too peppery for me in a salad. So, here's I used a whole tub of arugula. But really, it was so good, I am going to definitely buy arugula again!

1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 c. arugula
1/2 c. fresh parsley
1/4 c. parmesan, grated
2 tbs. olive oil
4 tbs. veggie broth (I dissolve a bit of Better Than Boullion in H20)
1-2 tbs. lemon juice, (add more to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. pasta with ridges
1-2 pints of cherry tomatoes, halved

Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, put all ingredients minus the tomatoes and the pasta in a food processor and pulse until it's a smooth paste. Saute the tomatoes for 5 minutes in a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Toss the warm pasta with the tomatoes and the pesto in a large bowl, and serve with a little bit of grated parmesan on top! Dinner in 15 minutes :)

0 comments: